Thank you for #ShoalCreekSocialDistancing with us!
#ShoalCreekSocialDistancing Fundraiser & Photo Scavenger Hunt has ended and we are so grateful to everyone that participated in our campaign! With your help, we met our goal and raised just over $10,000 to support the future of the Shoal Creek Trail & Watershed! Thank you!
We hope you keep celebrating Shoal Creek by visiting the trail, joining us for an upcoming event, subscribing to our monthly newsletter, or continuing to support our work. We’ll see you on the trail soon!
At Shoal Creek Conservancy, we’re all about connecting people to our favorite creek, so we’re excited to announce our reimagined special event:
September 15th-30th, 2020
Join us for our 2-week social distancing giving campaign and community event, and have fun while supporting Shoal Creek Conservancy! Safely enjoy the Shoal Creek Trail and celebrate with Shoal Creek Conservancy during our self-led Photo Scavenger Hunt, Creekside Pop-ups, and Virtual Happy Hour, all free and open to the public. For 2 weeks, we encourage you to visit the creek’s special sites, take & share photos, safely connect with others, and earn Shoal Creek Conservancy swag!
Help us reach our goal to raise $10,000 in 2 weeks!
For every $5 donated to Shoal Creek Conservancy between September 15-30, you will be automatically entered to win one of our incredible prize packages with gifts from local businesses. Winners will be announced during #SCSD Virtual Happy Hour at 6:00pm on September 29!
- Fairmont Austin (1-night stay) & Float On Boat Rentals (2-hour boat rental)
- Zilker Brewing Company (gift certificate and swag) & Paramount Theater (4 tickets)
- Project Panic (escape room for 10 participants) & Kick Butt Coffee (gift cards for classes and coffee)
- LBJ Library (4 museum passes) & Monkey Nest Coffee (gift card)
- Blanton Museum (10 museum passes)
- Thinkery Austin (4 passes) & Amy’s Ice Cream (gift cards)
- Birds Barbershop (gift card) & EcoClean (gift cards)
- Antler Rings (2 ring sets) & King Florist (gift certificate)
- Wanderlust Yoga (2 five-class passes) & Whole Earth Provision Co (YETI 26oz bottle)
- Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center (1-year family membership) & Treaty Oak Distillery (gift basket and gift card)
- Alamo Drafthouse (4 movie passes and 2 snack passes) & Esther’s Follies (gift certificate)
Give to #ShoalCreekSocialDistancing
Join Us for Virtual Happy Hour!
Connect with other supporters of Shoal Creek and hear about exciting updates from Shoal Creek Conservancy from 6:00pm-7:00pm on Tuesday, September 29 at our Virtual Happy Hour!
Attend #SCSD Virtual Happy Hour
Stop by a Creekside Pop-up Station!
Take a break and say hello to our team at one of several pop-up stations along the creek while you’re out exploring during our self-led #ShoalCreekSocialDistancing Photo Scavenger Hunt! Safely connect with Shoal Creek Conservancy, pick up scavenger hunt maps and special giveaway items, including a #SCSD water bottle, and indulge in refreshing treats from Guayakí Yerba Mate, Pura Coco, Blue Bell, Tiff’s Treats, Thunderbird Bars, and Paqui!
Saturday, September 19th – 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Duncan Park & Shoal Creek Blvd Bike Lanes at Northwest District Park
Saturday, September 26th – 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Duncan Park & Seiders Springs Park
Participate in our Photo Scavenger Hunt!
With items to find ranging from turtles to hidden springs, the self-led scavenger hunt helps families and individuals explore together, familiarize themselves with the special stops along the creek, and win Conservancy swag by taking and sharing photos with the hashtag #ShoalCreekSocialDistancing. Access the map below or pick up a full-color copy at a Creekside Pop-up Saturday, September 19 or 26.
Download Scavenger Hunt Map and Checklist.