What’s Happening Along Shoal Creek?
December 3, 2015 | By Shoal Creek Conservancy
Changes are afoot! We know that many people are curious about the public and private development projects currently underway in downtown along Shoal Creek. Due to the high demand for information, we have researched and compiled a list of these projects. Click on any of the links below to learn more.
- Butterfly Bridge
- This bridge is built in conjunction with the new Central Library, extending 2nd Street from West Avenue to Nueces. Click here to learn more about the bridge built specifically to withstand Shoal Creek flooding.
- New Central Library
- It’s a library for the future. Click here to learn more about the library that is changing the delivery of information in Austin.
- Seaholm Substation Screen Wall
- This Art Wall is transforming the architectural landscape of downtown Austin. Click here to learn more about how they’re doing.
- Gap Project
- Shoal Creek is getting a makeover between 5th Street and West Avenue. Click here to learn more about what the City is doing for Shoal Creek.
- Shoal Creek Restoration Project
- Improvements to Shoal Creek between 15th and 28th Streets include restoring and preserving water quality, vegetation, and the trail. Click here to learn more.
- Austin Music Hall
- Demolition of the original music hall begins January 2015. See what Cielo has planned for this space.
Fifth & West
Construction of Fifth & West lies just a few blocks south from the Shoal Creek Conservancy. See what’s in store here.
Green Water Treatment Plant
Trammell Crow Austin takes the lead on redeveloping the former Thomas C. Green Water Treatment Plant site. See what they have planned here.
Here’s a little bonus private development project that’s not in downtown. The Grove is located along Shoal Creek at 45th Street and Bull Creek Road. Take a look!
Click here to learn about the highest condominium tower west of the Mississippi.
Seaholm Power Plant Redevelopment
The former municipal power plant is being redeveloped into a mixed-use anchor for the district. Learn more here.
The Shoal Creek Walk
Schlosser Development is bringing you the new premier office destination in Austin.